Posted by:
someone

Click Here to Email someone   Find more posts by someone

what exactly don't you understand?

10-18-2005 02:02

Posted by:
greg3551

Click Here to Email greg3551   Find more posts by greg3551

When starting a new file with hieroglyph using bundle resource file I get a remark (could not load program information). I see a folder with my new program name with other folders inside it (Basc,ImBk,PICT,Prog,WBlk, and Info file). What are these folders for? Am I suppose to have data in these folders
before I start the new program? How is the information
in these folders used in the code?

10-18-2005 09:25

Posted by:
allnodcoms

Click Here to Email allnodcoms   Find more posts by allnodcoms

Bundle type.

These folders replace the previous format, where all of these types were still there, they were just held in a single file. This was changed, as the original format could only reference 16 meg of data. You don't need to put any data in these folders to start with, as Hiero will do this for you when you start saving your game data.
You use them in exactly the same way as you would the older format. The only difference is the way in which the data is stored on disk, and you should need to make no code changes to use the new storage method.

I have no idea why you get the error message (Mark?), but everything seems to have worked, so I'd try to save a sprite or two, close and re-open the project, and see if you get a similar error. If you do just let us know, but from the sounds of it this just an 'annoying thing' (a ring ding ding di... no, stop it!) rather than a bug.

Keep us posted, and good luck with your project...

Danny (nods)

10-18-2005 21:39

Posted by:
greg3551

Click Here to Email greg3551   Find more posts by greg3551

Is TNT Basic 1.3 suppose to work on an imac os 8.6?

10-18-2005 23:31

Posted by:
someone

> Is TNT Basic 1.3 suppose to work on an imac os 8.6?

TNT is carbon (i think) so should work on OS 8.6 with CarbonLib, however i don't reckon it's supported. OS 8 is old and buggy (when i remember my old OS 8 crashed 4 times a DAY! my new OS X one crashes 4 times a YEAR)

10-19-2005 01:04

Posted by:
Maher Haddad

Find more posts by Maher Haddad

Sound Bug?

Has anyone else had trouble with sounds in the new format? It seems like I cannot save the sounds.

10-19-2005 07:00

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

> Is TNT Basic 1.3 suppose to work on an imac os 8.6?

Errr... It should do but I didn't bother testing it, it's beginning to get more difficult to support 8.6 as things have kind of moved on quite a bit since 1999. The bundle format will appear as folders on Mac 8.6 as that version of the OS doesn't know about bundles/packages. You should be able to open them in Hieroglyph by dropping the bundle onto Hiero's icon (if 8.6 lets you), but if you try and open them in a file dialog or double click them it won't work - not my fault - the OS doesn't understand them!

If it proves too much hassle, use the old resource file format instead, you can select the file type to create in the new file dialog box. Why not upgrade to at least Mac OS 9?

Mark

10-19-2005 07:01

Posted by:
Mark Tully

I'm not aware of any sound bugs - anyone else?

10-19-2005 21:25

Posted by:
Maher Haddad

Sound

When I create a new snd it does not appear to be saved in the project file. When I reopen the tbproj file it is not there and the sound in the sound bank appears but with a question mark indicating that it cannot find the sound. I am using OS X.2.8.

Thank You.

Maher

10-19-2005 22:53

Posted by:
someone

I have OS X 10.3.1

I created a new project, and imported a sound. It appearred and played fine - was copied in the bundle too - however when i closed the project and reopenend it the sound didn't even appear in the list (even though it still was in the bundle)

10-26-2005 14:45

Posted by:
Maher Haddad

Sound

Are there any others out there also noticing an issue with sound files?

10-29-2005 16:32

Posted by:
sabshire

Find more posts by sabshire

load sounds fails

Well, I get the problem that no matter what I try, load sounds does not work.

I get the following when i try "loads sounds 128"

*** Runtime exception caught ***
Line# : 9
Code : load sounds 128
Error : snd resource 128 is missing.

I am running OS X 10.4.2

I went to the sounds tab, dragged a sound into the left hand side... then dragged it to the right hand side, and clicked save when prompted. Sounds appear to be missing when the project is reloaded.

10-30-2005 09:47

Posted by:
Mark Tully

I sounds like (no pun intended) the bundle resource format doesn't work for sound resources. Once the source is released (which is nearly ready), I'll fix it. It will just be a simple bug, probably because the resource type 'snd ' has a space in it whilst the other resource types don't.

If you want a workaround, use 'Save As...' to have your project into the old resource file format for now.

Mark

10-30-2005 11:10

Posted by:
allnodcoms

Click Here to Email allnodcoms   Find more posts by allnodcoms

Don't know Mark...

Hi mate, don't see why the space would make a difference. It's a four char string, or single long, and the ascii code for the space would still register as part of the value. Unless of course one of the routines (either the save or load) was omitting the space, 'snd ' and 'snd' for example. That would do it!

Any way, be able to have look soon eh ;) Type Marl, type like the wind!...

Danny (nods)