< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

10-27-2005 23:42

Posted by:
charlie

Click Here to Email charlie   Find more posts by charlie

Hello chaps,

A couple of years ago, TNT reminded me how much fun games programming was (hadn't dabbles since STOS on the Atari ST), and i had great fun pratting around with it, remembering how to program again. As a beginner language i can't think of a better starting place than TNT.

Now that i have once again found my feet, i thought it would be nice to give a little back to the TNT community, and so i've uploaded some source code from some earlier projects for you guys to have a look at.

defender clone

This is a simple unfinished defender clone, that uses some multi layered scrolling and some other stuff. Use arrow keys to move and space to fire. I recall some of the number pad keys doing something as well, but i can't remember what. There is also the code for a working 2d radar in there somewhere, although it might be rubbish.

Robotron clone

This lay the foundations for the current game I'm working on, CG_01, and is a simple clone of Robotron. Use arrows to move (and possibly wasd) and mouse to aim and fire.

Two player splits screen demo

This is a very crude split screen demo that was used as the beginnings of a sonic 2 style race game. Unfortunately i cant find the more recent code, so this will have to do for now. I will post the more recent code if i find it. use arrows and number pad to move players. I think i posted this code here before, but some of you may have missed it.

Hopefully these are of help to some of you, they certainly helped me (they are uncommented however). One thing i will ask is that you don't use the graphics and sounds that come with the code in your own projects, as they are either mine, or are belonging to iDevGames.

Anyway, please check out my new site, http://www.charliesgames.co.uk for updates on my current project. There are some demos and screen shots etc. there. I would love to hear your feedback on this.

Cheers
Charlie

10-28-2005 23:59

Posted by:
Jae Rune

Find more posts by Jae Rune

The defender clone is GOOD. I mean it. I suck at it, but it's really well done, I'm impressed.

The robotron clone is decent. But again, well done.

The split-screen two-player demo had a lot of potential.

I really enjoyed looking these over, and they showed me a lot of the potential of the engine. Thanks for dropping these off, eh?

10-29-2005 08:31

Posted by:
allnodcoms

Click Here to Email allnodcoms   Find more posts by allnodcoms

Nice one Charlie!

I'm impressed, went to your download page and you've got TNT to compile to windoze! ;)

Seriously though, nice work. Good to hear that you came up from STOS as well, that's where I cut my first teeth, way back when Pontius was still in the groundcrew (before he became a pilot... get it?). Remember the 'Missing Link' extensions? Ah... halcyon days! Sorry, went off on an ST tangent for a moment then (time to dust off that emulator!).

Well, keep up the good work mate, and best of luck with CG. You going to enter it in the iDev comp?

Danny (nods)

10-29-2005 18:59

Posted by:
Fischgurkensenf

Click Here to Email Fischgurkensenf   Find more posts by Fischgurkensenf

"I'm impressed, went to your download page and you've got TNT to compile to windoze! ;)"

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it done with BlitzMax (Which comes with Windows support)?

Nice work though!

10-30-2005 18:43

Posted by:
allnodcoms

Click Here to Email allnodcoms   Find more posts by allnodcoms

Aint sarcasm a wonderfull thing!

You know, some get it, some don't... Ho Hum!

Danny (nods)

10-31-2005 04:34

Posted by:
Fischgurkensenf

Click Here to Email Fischgurkensenf   Find more posts by Fischgurkensenf

Argh, I'm not good at detecting jokes... ;)

11-18-2005 20:46

Posted by:
Jason Anderson

Click Here to Email Jason Anderson   Find more posts by Jason Anderson

I'm impressed by the Defender clone. Very nice.