PowerPlant is now Open Source too!!
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

01-06-2006 13:53

Posted by:
allnodcoms

Click Here to Email allnodcoms   Find more posts by allnodcoms

Well folks, it's here! The libraries that TNT is built on are now freely available for download from SourceForge.net. We can now move ahead and build an XCode version of the project without the need to go through CodeWarrior (as has been the case up to now). This is Great news for the community, and Mac programmers in general. Metrowerks, the company who developed CodeWarrior, has been bought out by Motorola and they pulled out of Mac development due to the impending move to intel processors in the middle of this year (Happy New Year by the way!). TNT was built with CodeWarrior, so this has caused a few problems... Until now!

Point your copies of Safari (you do all use Safari, right?) at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/open-powerplant

This really is good news, as it means that the tools required to build TNT are now all freely available, XCode, the source and now the libraries! WOOT!
How life has a way of kicking you in the danglies just when it was all looking so rosey... I've not been anywhere near a Mac in weeks so can't have a play!

Damn Bill Gate$ and all his little gnomes!

Danny (nods)

01-06-2006 14:41

Posted by:
someone

Click Here to Email someone   Find more posts by someone

great i'll be trying to build TNT as soon as i can ;)

if i success getting it to work with XCode!!! ;)

(is it me or is it much harder to use than it could? i have an easier time building from the console than from XCode (1.1)! (just trying to link wxWidgets, it reports "could no find wx/wx.h" and i'm sure sure sure the file is there in the right folder i can't understand how the damn IDE works lol)

01-14-2006 17:54

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

They've done a bit of a TNT with the project though, the project is all registered on sourceforge.net, but there's no source uploaded to it yet!

Happens to the best of us :)

Mark

01-14-2006 19:22

Posted by:
allnodcoms

Er... Mark?

It's there... It's a 22.9MB DMG with the full source and Constructor interface builder. Went up on 16th of Jan (so actually was not live when I posted, which is a bit off as there was a link to it...), but it is definately there.
I didn't test to see if it downloaded before posting as I asumed it would be OK, and I'm STILL not on a Mac again yet (but I've been looking at PearPC... looks kind of groovy!).

Any road, it's there now, and sorry for any confusion.

Danny (nods)

01-14-2006 19:25

Posted by:
allnodcoms

Doh!

Er... Make that Friday the 13th (spooky!) not the 16th as stated. MetrowerksRon is good, but not that good.

Danny ('wishing he had iCal' nods)