Hieroglyph source code available!
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

01-27-2006 01:23

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

Following the release of TNT Basic 1.3's sourcecode, as discussed in this thread: http://www.tntbasic.com/community/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1100 , I'm finally able to announce that the source code to Hieroglyph is available.

Grab the source in the same way as grabbing TNT Basic's. Follow the instructions in the aforementioned thread if you don't know how to do this. Like TNT Basic itself, building Hieroglyph requires you to have CodeWarrior and PowerPlant. The next aim is to get TNT Basic and Hieroglyph compiling in XCode using the newly open sourced PowerPlant from sourceforge.

Assuming you've got CodeWarrior, open the project 'BuildGlyph+Blocks.mcp' and hit make to get new shiny copies of Hieroglyph and all it's plug-ins.

Enjoy!

Mark

01-29-2006 15:40

Posted by:
Jacob

Click Here to Email Jacob   Find more posts by Jacob

I can't find the source code for TNT Basic or Hieroglyph anywhere on SourceForge.net. All I can find is the online code for TNT Basic.

01-30-2006 00:20

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

I'm not sure what you mean by online code?

I did post full instructions on how to get the source when I released it, you can find them here: http://tntbasic.com/community/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1100 .

Mark

01-30-2006 07:47

Posted by:
allnodcoms

Click Here to Email allnodcoms   Find more posts by allnodcoms

I think he means the 'download' button...

The download button on the main project home page is just the latest binary release, if you're trying to get the source code you should either follow the instructions given above, or hit the 'CVS' link from the main page, then 'Browse CVS' (link on right of page).

Danny (nods)

01-30-2006 14:57

Posted by:
Jacob

Click Here to Email Jacob   Find more posts by Jacob

This is what I mean by 'Online Code': Online Code

Allnodcoms, this is what it says when I press the green 'Download TNT Basic' button at this link: TNTBasic atsourceforge.net
-----------------------------------------------------------
No File Packages

There are no file packages defined for this project.
-----------------------------------------------------------

01-30-2006 16:40

Posted by:
allnodcoms

Click Here to Email allnodcoms   Find more posts by allnodcoms

OK...

Sorry, you're right... I'm getting ahead of myself there. Binaries are only available here at the moment. My bad!

'Online Code'... That would be the source 'code', held (as it were) in an 'online' sort of way then ;)

To get to that page you hit the 'Browse CVS' link from the CVS page, the source then appears in your browser and you browse it. I see a pattern emerging here.
If you want to get your hands on a copy of the code to actually have a little tinker with, you could either go through the files one by one, right click and save linked file to disk (not recommended) or follow Mark's instructions through the link listed (twice) above (highly recommended).

(and the binary package will be available through the 'download' button).

Danny (nods)