< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

09-30-2006 17:03

Posted by:
Orteil

Find more posts by Orteil

Let's say I'm having a poorly-drawn banana sprite, like this :

When using Hardware Mode you can make sprites bigger or smaller, using the Set Sprite Something Scale command.
Let's say that I want my banana to be twice bigger.
TNTbasic will display something like this :

Well, this is not only a bad-looking picture, but I'm also pretty sure that it slows down TNTbasic a lot.
I absolutely don't know how is built TNTbasic, but it seems quite obvious that it takes much time to calculate the colors for every single fading effect when drawing each pixel to scale. (my, that sure is bad english.)
So I guess it would be faster to make the program draw pictures like this when scaled :

10-02-2006 07:03

Posted by:
Orteil

Find more posts by Orteil

...wouldn't it be a good idea ?...

10-02-2006 23:19

Posted by:
someone

Click Here to Email someone   Find more posts by someone

yes and i'm sure it wouldn't hard to do in harware mode at least, but if you have followed the development of TNT lately, it's kinda dead. So for now the best you can is file a feature request at the sourceforge tnt page and hope the original creator of TNT comes back to working on it, or that someone else dives into developement...

10-03-2006 00:14

Posted by:
appleide

Click Here to Email appleide   Find more posts by appleide

for someone to dive into development, wouldn't the xcode project file need to be fixed first?

10-03-2006 00:41

Posted by:
someone

Click Here to Email someone   Find more posts by someone

yes, and i was seeing it as part of the developement

Mark is the one that has the best knowledge to do it, but it wouldn't be impossible for someone else to get it to work. Just not me - i'm not experiences enough i believe (and maybe not determined enough)