Maxime's Patience Game
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

12-15-2007 17:42

Posted by:
Maxime

Find more posts by Maxime

I'm building a Patiences game. It should be general enough to accept new Patiences by just building a limited set of new rules.
As far as now, it works (Hurrah !)after some sweat. But with only one patience, no undo, no help, no end detection, etc.
I will do all that... at my pace...
You will find the source at http://maxime.cv95.free.fr/Patiences/ . Copy the files "Read me" and "ReussitesB.sitx" (don't let Mac add ".txt" at the end of the name !) and unstuff, it SHOULD work (cross fingers)...
Code is free of use. Hope it can help.

12-16-2007 10:41

Posted by:
Maxime

Patience

Forgot to say : cmd/Q to Quit is depending on your keyboard... If yours is QWERTY, try cmd/A to Quit.
I put both on the last version (not yet released).
Starting to implement Menus, for which I could find no facilities. I managed through sprites. Not so difficult, but a bit strange in Mac's world...

01-16-2008 03:45

Posted by:
appleide

Click Here to Email appleide   Find more posts by appleide

Do you have a compiled binary?

01-19-2008 16:42

Posted by:
Maxime

compiled

AppleIde
No, I have not yet compiled (never did I compile anything in TNT, I must say, but seems simple...). The program is still full of bugs (less, now I am debugging). I will roughly clean it and post a new version, soon, I hope...

03-08-2008 10:04

Posted by:
Maxime

Completed

I completed my card game, after some interruption... It holds 11 different card Patiences. Perhaps some bugs too, please report !
At this address :
http://maxime.cv95.free.fr/Patiences/
you will find a "Read me" and two " .. .sitx" files, one with the app, one with the code, graphics, etc... Import them, uncompress, and run or look.
I will be happy with any return, thanks...

03-09-2008 06:54

Posted by:
appleide

Click Here to Email appleide   Find more posts by appleide

Woah! If we were still in TNTBasic's heydays you'd be able to sell this for $$$! This game looks to be implemented very well indeed. There is only one problem.... I don't know how to play Patiences and the menu items are in French :/

I'll go look over Wikipedia how different this is to solitaire...

Heartily recommend this to those who missed the card games on windows!

03-09-2008 09:32

Posted by:
Maxime

French/English

Some time (perhaps TNT2 will even be V3.12...), I will translate the menus/help in English (euh, MY english...), with a choice somewhere between both (It would be great if I could store the choice in a res to use it as long it is not changed, but probably a dream). Except that, not so difficult, but time consuming...
For playing, just try : only allowed movements are... allowed, and the aim is often obvious.
Thanks for advice

03-09-2008 18:30

Posted by:
Maxime

Translation : As a return to all english speaking contributors (and also because I had not much to do this Sunday, except volley-ball, ski, etc watching), I translated all dialogs. BUT I still have to implement this in the code. Not this evening, because first MotoGP race of 2008 at 20 h 00, in France.

For the name, "Solitaire" in France is applied to all one-player games, like Abalone, but not to card ones. We call them "Reussites" (something like Success...) or "Patiences".

I have seen "eots", a TNTBasic card play too. If the author is on line, does he allow me to incorporate it in my prog ? Just the algorithm, I will have to rewrite it my way, but I built my code for it to be easy (almost ;=) ).

Thanks

03-09-2008 19:29

Posted by:
swagIT

Find more posts by swagIT

Hey Maxime - no worries feel free to use any of the code in EOTS

cheers

barry

03-09-2008 22:28

Posted by:
Maxime

Merci beaucoup, swagIT

03-10-2008 14:32

Posted by:
Maxime

English localization

I did it ! I did it !
I have translated all menus and so on into english. The new app and code are at the same address as before.
Launch the app, open the menu, click the last item "Use English" and all infos will be displayed in english. Evidently, you will have to do that each time you open the app.
Another more complex (not much) way needs to have TNTBasic and Hieroglyph. In the code, change the Global variable "english" default to 1 (second line of variables). Then build, and that's all.

Happy ? Don't forget to tell me if you find some problem, mispelling, bug, crash, hard disk explosion or worse. Thanks

11-15-2009 20:52

Posted by:
Maxime

New address for Patiences

Hello
My app of cards Patiences is on line again, in a slightly more debugged version. The acces was denied some time, but now, you will find it there :

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/maximecv/PatiencesPage.html

You will be able to load :
- the app to play or examine,
- the complete code, if you want to improve, or get some "how to do"...

Anyway, please give me a return... Thanks