Posted by:
appleide

Click Here to Email appleide   Find more posts by appleide

TNT2 is supposedly moving very very slowly :/

07-02-2008 13:46

Posted by:
Gandolf

Find more posts by Gandolf

So, it's going so slow that Mark hasn't posted any new updates on the main page in 2 years?

-Gandolf

07-02-2008 17:33

Posted by:
swagIT

Find more posts by swagIT

Danny (allnodscom) has taken over development:

http://allnodcoms.com/tnt_files/tnt_blog.htm

but is very slooooow going....

07-02-2008 18:38

Posted by:
Gandolf

The last blog from him, was oct. 2007. I e-mailed him to see how he is doing.

-Gandolf

07-02-2008 23:17

Posted by:
Gandolf

Danny replied back to my e-mail.

My e-mail:

quote:
Sorry for e-mailing you on this e-mail, but I was wondering about your progress on Tnt2. I checked out your blog, looked at all your tnt2 posts on the forums, and you seemed to stop posting a few months before your alpha release date.

So, are you still doing tnt2? Did you give up? Did I just miss something?

Thanks,
-Gandolf

P.S. I am a member at the tnt forums. You don't know me.

Danny replying:

quote:
Watcha...

Yes I'm still doing TNT2, and I don't mind you mailing, it's why I include my address. Lots of the guys on the boards mail me the same question, and I should really get back on and post something.
Basically I'm a developer in "real life", and much as I love the challenge of rebuilding this great bit of software, I'm afraid it don't pay the bills. Just before my planned alpha release date I got a big contract with a hotel group, web sites and back office systems for online bookings and remote admin. (Amongst other stuff...). It's dull, Wintel stuff, but the pay's good ;)
In my line of work it's either one thing or the other, I'm either snowed under with work or staring out the window with my thumb up my arse (metaphorically speaking of course...). In those thumb probing moments I work on TNT, but progress is not as swift now as it was a few months ago. It's still going though, just really slowly, as I have to re-adjust to working on a sensible computer after continually banging my head against the horror that is Visual Studio on Vista... A curse on Gates and all his little gnomes!!

Well cheers for the mail, and I hope I've answered some questions for you. Keep an eye out on the forums and I'll post my progress when I know more... Not long now (I hope!)

Danny (nod the mod)
design director - allnodcoms

To Danny: I hope you don't mind me sharing this with everyone.

-Gandolf

07-03-2008 09:34

Posted by:
allnodcoms

Click Here to Email allnodcoms   Find more posts by allnodcoms

Not at all...

Hi Guys!

Don't panic, still going, but as implied it's S L O W ...

Should be back in the fold soon as coming to the end of my contract, will then just be on support ticket (bar any teething troubles).

Just a quicky for now as I'm off down to Wales (don't ask!), but will post again as soon as I have some more info.

'Till next time...

Danny (nod the mod)