< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

03-17-2012 01:42

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

Hi,

I've just pushed the source for TNT Basic 1.41 (the Lion Beta) to its new open source home on GitHub

I've removed Hieroglyph from the source distro for now (as it doesn't work) and I'll be working on adding it back in some form in the future.

Also, TNT Basic has now been relicensed under a different open source license. Previously it was released under a MPL, GPL, LGPL triple license. It is now released under the much simpler BSD license. This basically means there are no practical restrictions on how you use the source, and you don't even need to release your changes back to the community if you don't want to. The important thing is, use the source and learn from it if you can, and don't worry about licenses.

Cheers,

Mark

03-23-2012 13:52

Posted by:
Maxime

Find more posts by Maxime

Curiosity

Thank you for your efforts, Mark.
By curiosity, is the Basic Lion release the final result of "some years" of long and painful underground job, so underground that we could think you had given up... ;=) ?
Or did you find suddenly a trick to convert rather quickly old TNT to Lion TNT ?

I have almost finished to convert my Patiences game to new wider screen, and after, I will start with finishing my Curling game, which is still a bit intricate...

Maxime

03-24-2012 22:22

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

Hi Maxime,

No it wasn't the result of some underground operation, just a combination of finding out it didn't work anymore, and a sudden inclination to port it to Raspberry Pi (which I haven't actually started yet...)

Cheers,

Mark