Thank you / hardware mode exact sprite collisions
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

10-06-2009 23:50

Posted by:
Destro

Find more posts by Destro

So when I found TNT basic's site and saw the heading, "YOU CAN PROGRAM" I half believed it, so I read a whole bunch. Now I'm flipping doing it (You're doing it destro, you're doing it!) and since this is something I always wanted to be able to do, I really appreciate you guys cutting down the intimidation factor of 'game programming'.
I know everyone has busy lives, I just hope work is still being done on TNT itself because I would like to know why certain functions don't work in hardware mode.
I'm trying to make an overhead space game, but it seems exact collisions don't work in hardware mode. The reason I'm using hardware mode is because the function 'rotate sprite' doesn't seem to work without hardware mode. Seeing as I can't sacrifice sprite rotation due to the nature of the game, I guess I'm going to have to live with whatever sprite collisions I can get to work, which means my spaceships are going to have to look more like squarish cars instead of the aerodynamic looking triangles I already have. That's not too hard to live with,
but if anyone has any suggestions I'd really like to hear how others have overcome hickups like this in their games.

12-29-2009 14:31

Posted by:
Maxime

Find more posts by Maxime

Not fully understood your problem and desire, but encountered some problems too : it seems that sprite coll detects (squares of the sprites) collisions. Annoying for my curling game where stones are round ! But I could easily manage through using the distance, BECAUSE stones are round !
Courage and a Happy Bew Year...

12-29-2009 14:33

Posted by:
Maxime

Find more posts by Maxime

Sorry : New Year !